Academic Support Center (ASC)
The Academic Support Center (ASC) is a learning environment where students can receive free tutoring. Students can receive tutoring with or without an appointment. Students are also highly encouraged to study, do their homework and hold group discussions in the ASC because of the variety of learning resources that are available. The ASC offers books, computer workstations and tutors. Tutoring is done by students or full-time faculty. All student tutors have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and have a strong understanding of the courses they tutor.The ASC Mission
- Learn- Always someone available to help students achieve grades needed to succeed in school.
- Interact- Space always available for group discussion and projects. The atmosphere is set for all types of learning.
- Study- Excellent Resources at the student's disposal. Computer access and helpful workers on duty at all times.
Benefits of Tutoring
The ASC can help you.
- Compliment your study habits.
- Review course material.
- Get clarification about material learned in class.
- Prepare for tests and assignments.
- Receive support and motivation.
Do I Need Tutoring?
Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself; if you answer yes to any of these questions then you might want to consider stopping by the ASC.
- Have you missed any classes?
- Are you having difficulty understanding the materials in the class?
- Is your quiz or test score lower than you expected?
- Are you having trouble with your lab assignment?
- Have you been away from the class environment for a number of years?
- Do you suffer from test anxiety?
- Are your study habits lacking?
- Do you want to maximize your academic potential?
Monday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
ASC Front Desk: (713) 973-3070
ASC Director: Larry Bell 713) 973-3071